Coat of Arms

Dee was granted a shield of arms on the 3rd July, 1576, which took the form of a gold lion rampant on a red ground, with the motto Hic Labor. A coat of arms of the Dee family is displayed in the Chancel of St Mary the Virgin Church, Mortlake. The two genealogical rolls he compiled of his ancestry survive among the Cotton manuscripts in the British Library, xiii 38 and xiv 1.